This position is responsible for the management and implementation of cross-functional programs and projects, as well as continuously improving and improving effectiveness of the Portfolio Management tools and processes Core Responsibilities:
• Planning and implementation of cross-functional programs and projects
• Provide leadership and direction to assigned project teams through application of expertise in project management tools and processes.
• Institute comprehensive work breakdown structures for all team deliverables; track and follow up on implementation of team decisions.
• Ensure high levels of communication with project teams, support resources and management.
• Identify resource and schedule constraints, key risks and issues to be resolved, and proactively drive the development of contingency and/or risk mitigation plans.
• Support the coordination and cascading of plant operations key performance indicators; maintain and report applicable department metrics.
• Develop and implement formal communication protocols and tools including meeting minutes, dashboards and management reports/presentations
• Continuously improving and ensuring effectiveness of the Portfolio Management process
• Participate in designing and continuously improving PMO project tools and processes
• Develop, implement, manage an effective standardized approach to program/project management with regards to compliance to company standards, schedule milestones, resources, and costs (including capital and operational).
• Provide support and training to personnel from various functional areas in the program/project governance process and the use of PMO documents and tools. In addition, employee is expected to:
o Work independently under minimal supervision and direction.
o Participate and lead in determining objectives of significant projects or assignments.
o Perform work that requires decision making and the consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
o Provide project management advice and guidance to member(s) of the team
• Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline
• Minimum of 10 years experience in biopharmaceutical manufacturing, 5-8 years in a Project Management role
• Proficient in MS office tools and design of database and web-based portals
• Excellent commuication, interpersonal skills
• Strong quantitative, analytical (technical and business), and problem solving skills
• Exceptional communication and negotiating skills, strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Experience in a similar role within the pharmaceutical industry and posesses a good knowledge of cGMP manufacturing, quality, and/or regulatory process and challenges.