Deze vacature is reeds ingevuld, maar niet getreurd! Er wachten nog vele andere vacatures op jou.
As Civils Site Engineer – Specialist Electricity you are key contributor to provide the different maintenance teams in Field Service Organization with advice and technical support about requirements and certification for electrical installations AC 230V/380V, DC 48V, battery systems and electrical distribution installations. The task is to update the requirements, align the certification bodies, follow-up on certification problems, understanding the root causes and correct the root causes to avoid reoccurrence. The role includes writing of guidelines, providing recommendations to the field, documenting the modus operandi and transferring the knowledge to the different teams and steering the implementation of the guidelines. It includes guiding field engineers by phone and remote assistance and helping them to perform troubleshooting activities on electrical specific matters and projects. The task also includes the verification and audit of works performed by field engineers and subcontractors in the field in the domain of site electricity.
The activities are mainly performed from the central office in Zaventem (or Work From Home during Covid19 constraints) and sporadic outside the office to visit radio sites to solve complex issues at the site or to perform audits.
This relates to the radio sites on the Orange and Telenet/Base mobile network in the scope of the Managed Services contracts in Belgium.
• You act as an advisor in the domain of electrical installations for radio sites, you provide support to the field engineers and subcontractors and guiding them for troubleshooting and provide technical support on electrical installations and Certifications. You strive for the best solution and for the quickest and cost-effective solution.
• You shall analyse the electrical certification workstream, compile the data, conduct analyses, and present findings regarding failure trends. You manage escalated issues and manage design change recommendations. You analyse the reason for failed certification, challenge the regulations bodies (SECT), find structural and recurring problems and understanding the root causes and correct the root causes to avoid reoccurrence.
• You proactively define technical solutions and define the HW parts based on customer requirements and regulations and needs in the field in the domain of electrical installations. You participate to the first installations and adapt the solution based on feedback from the field and customer, if required.
• You shall perform verifications and audits of works performed by field engineers and subcontractors in the field in the domain of site electricity.
• You write procedures, guidelines and work instructions for implementation of new hardware equipment and support the deployment of these equipment on the existing sites. Train and guide the Field Engineers accordingly on this process.
• You shall transfer your knowledge by giving training, coaching, guiding, explaining, documenting and handing over relevant knowledge to colleagues.
• Report the progress on regular basis towards the team leader and escalate timely issues when applicable
- You have minimal a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 3-5 years of experience providing technical and/or field support or equivalent education and experience.
- You are specialized in electricity, electrical installations AC 230V/380V and DC 48V, battery systems, electrical distribution installations, protection systems and remote energy monitoring systems. You shall have full understanding of the applicable installation instructions and AREI/RGIE regulations.
- You are certified to work in electrical installations. Being experience and certified on High Voltage electrical installations is an advantage/
- You shall have practical experience with RAN installations and BTS power systems (Cherokee, Eltek, Alpha etc.) and battery systems and you have experience in field operations, installation and maintenance of radio sites and you are specialized in the related power regulations and you have a good understanding of Health and Safety.
- Languages: Proficient in speaking and reading in English is a must. Good knowledge of the Dutch or French is also required
- Team Player, Analytical, Persuasive and user- friendly communicator
- Customer focused and Result-oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Capable to work effectively with Windows PC and superior knowledge of Microsoft – Excel – Outlook – Access – Word and capable to work with advanced apps on the mobile or tablet.
- Candidate shall possess a driving license cat B and has own car to drive to the sites within Belgium territory. The work is usually performed from the Zaventem office, but sporadic site visits are required.
- Candidate shall have own mobile phone (Android based) and own voice and data subscription. Mobile phone shall be capable to take clear pictures to be used for uploading in the databases.
Tormans invests in your future by offering appropriate training, personal guidance during the execution of your projects, advice and customized coaching.
Our projects are located at the most important (inter)national companies in various sectors, which means you will be introduced to the most modern techniques and the most diverse installations so that you can develop your knowledge and talent to the fullest.
In addition to an open-ended contract with an attractive, tailor-made salary, we offer numerous extra-legal benefits, including meal vouchers, a daily allowance, company car with fuel card, hospitalisation insurance,...
At Tormans you can count on a professional, personal and honest no-nonsense approach.