Besides the tender negotiations and contract awarding of contracts, the Purchasing department is responsible for the management and daily follow-up of its contracts and its suppliers.
Within the electrical equipment department, a cell Contract and Supplier Management was created on 1 January 2021. On the one hand, the Contract and Supplier Managers (CSM) manage actively the client-supplier relationship for the strategic electrical equipment suppliers and on the other hand, they follow proactively their internal stakeholders (mainly the project department) of their category. They represent the company at the supplier and represent the supplier within the company.
The Contract and Supplier Manager’s objectives are :
- To ensure the proper execution of the projects conform the contract
- To act as Key Account Manager for the suppliers of his categories and for the internal stakeholders (Project Leaders, Experts, …)
- To lead the negotiations and reach reasonable agreements in case of unforeseen situations or claims
- To guarantee the continuous improvement process via return of experience
- To create opportunities and win-win situations
Each CSM manages categories of electrical equipment being either High Voltage equipment, Low Voltage equipment or Linear Assets equipment (cables and overhead lines).
This includes a variety of tasks such as:
- Validation of orders and mini-competitions if applicable for that category
- Communication of forecast to supplier
- Support to the internal stakeholders
- Support to the supplier, particularly during pilot projects
- Knowledge of the supplier’ factories and the market
- Regular supplier risk assessment
- Organizing and/or attending status meetings with suppliers
- Factory visits
- Follow-up of quality of supply and installation
- Visit of strategic site/projects
To reinforce the new team, we are looking for a motivated, smart and fun colleague to perform the Contract Manager service.
- Master in a technical-commercial field with real interest for technical aspects and projects or equivalent knowledge acquired with experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English as it is the team’s communication language (min B2)
- Excellent level of French and Dutch (minimum level B2 for your second language).
- You have experience in contract management, category management, account management, strategic procurement
- You are a fluent and assertive (not agressive) communicator
- You like taking initiatives and appreciate taking responsibilities
- You are solution-driven
- You are ready to travel to the suppliers’ factories (in Europe), to our work sites all over Belgium and to our headquarter in Berlin
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of German (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of SAP
Tormans invests in your future by offering appropriate training, personal guidance during the execution of your projects, advice and customized coaching.
Our projects are located at the most important (inter)national companies in various sectors, which means you will be introduced to the most modern techniques and the most diverse installations so that you can develop your knowledge and talent to the fullest.
In addition to an open-ended contract with an attractive, tailor-made salary, we offer numerous extra-legal benefits, including meal vouchers, a daily allowance, company car with fuel card, hospitalisation insurance,...
At Tormans you can count on a professional, personal and honest no-nonsense approach.