The facility manager is responsible for preserving the good condition of our infrastructure and ensures that facilities are clean, safe, properly maintained and well-functioning. The goal is to ensure our warehouses and offices are problem-free and safe so that employees can work under the best conditions.
– Initiating and creating facility products, building requirements and services on behalf of the organization.
– Work closely and proactively together with internal organization, contractors, engineering office, etc.
– Have technical knowledge on one or more of the following topics electricity / electronics (knowledge of technical failures), ventilation techniques, industrial engineering, maintenance of machines, air treatment, measurement and control technology, management of electrical and mechanical infrastructure, etc.
– Monitor fixed dates of suppliers and manage the supplier performance and ensure it meets agreed service delivery standards
Request and evaluate supplier offers and look for competitive alternatives to existing suppliers
Monitoring budgets and approving contracts in collaboration with the line manager
– Contribute and adhere to current Facility management projects (Corporate/Region/Local)
Responding to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facilities on a 24/7 basis.
– Create a culture of continuous improvement and professionalism through KPI’s, benchmarking, SLA’s and implementation of best practices and making sure our warehouses and offices need to comply with all local zoning laws and regulations.
– Developing and updating procedures, guidelines and working instructions making them QSHE compliant.
– Following a tender exercise, the job holder will make the final supplier selection and will generate contract.
– The job holder is expected to steer and influence the business/stakeholders on facility solutions in order to create a transparent Facility Strategy.
– Bachelor/Master in facility management /civilengineering / construction / environmental engineering
– Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
– Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business and obtain buy in
– Good knowledge of (Project) Management tools.
– Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
– Strong affinity with required customer quality standards
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English & Dutch/German, knowledge ofa 3rd language is an advantage
– Ability to demonstrate an analytical, logical and numerate approach
– Ability to perform risk analysis within the decision making progress.
Wat bieden wij?
Tormans invests in your future by offering appropriate training, personal guidance during the execution of your projects, advice and customized coaching.
Our projects are located at the most important (inter)national companies in various sectors, which means you will be introduced to the most modern techniques and the most diverse installations so that you can develop your knowledge and talent to the fullest.
In addition to an open-ended contract with an attractive, tailor-made salary, we offer numerous extra-legal benefits, including meal vouchers, a daily allowance, company car with fuel card, hospitalisation insurance,…
At Tormans you can count on a professional, personal and honest no-nonsense approach.