The facility project Engineer is responsible for the planning and organization of facility projects for multiple sites. He/ she oversees the new projects, renovation of buildings and warehouses, he/she manages relationships with contractors, control space allocation and maintain facility project budgets.
Technical Facility Management
- Initiating and creating facility products, building requirements and services on behalf of the organization.
- Supervising and follow up on the preparation & implementation of logistics and office buildings
- Plan, execute and control building measures (new buildings, modifications and renovations)
- Work closely and proactively together with internal organization, contractors, engineering office, etc.
- Have technical knowledge in one or more of the following topics electricity / electronics (knowledge of technical failures), ventilation/cooling techniques, industrial engineering, maintenance of machines, air treatment, measurement and control technology, management of electrical and mechanical infrastructure, etc.
- Monitor fixed dates of suppliers and manage the supplier performance and ensure it meets agreed service delivery standards
- Request and evaluate supplier offers
- Look for competitive alternatives to existing suppliers
- Calculate costs of projects, monitor budgets and approve supplier contracts in collaboration with the Facility manager
Organization + Leadership
- Give presentations and deliver status reports on facility projects on different levels within the organization
- Our warehouses and offices need to comply with all local zoning laws and regulations.
- Developing and updating procedures, guidelines and working instructions making them QSHE compliant.
Decision Making Authority
- Suppliers: Following a tender exercise, the job holder will make the final supplier selection and will generate contract.
- Impacts the business' ability to meet customer requirements in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner;
- Bachelor/Master in facility management / (Industrial) engineering
- Knowledge of Pharma is a plus
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Strong technical background
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business and obtain buy in
- Good knowledge of (Project) Management tools.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Strong affinity with required customer quality standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Dutch
- Ability to demonstrate an analytical, logical and numerate approach
- Ability to perform risk analysis within the decision making progress.
Wat bieden wij?
Tormans invests in your future by offering appropriate training, personal guidance during the execution of your projects, advice and customized coaching.
Our projects are located at the most important (inter)national companies in various sectors, which means you will be introduced to the most modern techniques and the most diverse installations so that you can develop your knowledge and talent to the fullest.
In addition to an open-ended contract with an attractive, tailor-made salary, we offer numerous extra-legal benefits, including meal vouchers, a daily allowance, company car with fuel card, hospitalisation insurance,…
At Tormans you can count on a professional, personal and honest no-nonsense approach.