As Field Engineer within Field Service Organization your responsibility is to work on Radio Sites
in Belgium for Telenet and Orange mobile networks and perform Corrective Interventions and
This position is a temporary external resource for 3 to 4 months between May/June 2020 and
Augustus/September 2020 with an option to prolong the assignments
You will be integrated in the field team North Region wherefore the work is mainly in the
provinces West-Vlaanderen, Oost-Vlaanderen and Antwerp or in the South Region for the
provinces Namur, Hainaut and Luxembourg.
?Receiving, handling, analysing and solving Work Orders for Radio Sites. Visiting the radio site
within the required lead-time based on the Work Order assigned, execute the work as specified in
the Work Order, updating the Work Order with the required information and close to Work Order
accordingly. This will require quality of work and task completion with proper close out
documentation for Radio Site visits.
? Executing the tasks assigned to you, troubleshooting the issues at the site, striving for the best solution, restoring the site within the shortest lead-time, clearing the incidents within the required due time and within SLA.
? Work closely with NOCs, Dispatching Teams and Service Desk, resolving the Radio Site issues
in an efficient manner or, if applicable, trigger the appropriate actions with other stakeholders in
order to complete the tasks.
? Depending on the experience of the engineer, the work relates to Radio Sites for Telenet or
Orange networks or for both.
? Depending on the readiness of the engineer, the engineer will be integrated in the On Call
schedule based in a rota weekly schedule (Mon-Mon). During this week On Call, the engineer shall be ready to perform urgent interventions 24h and the engineer will be freed from work during the daytime
The Candidate must be flexible to work in an On Call schedule as needed.
The candidate preferably lives in the assigned area of the workload.
- Multi Technology network equipment (RAN 2G/3G/LTE ZTE and/or HUAWEI, Micro wave, IP, modems, fiber installations…)
- Be able to perform works on the aerial path which requires climbing in towers and mast.
- You shall have practical experience in installation or maintenance of radio site environment or civil related works.
- Handy person: small civil corrective and installation works on site environment: lockers, door
issues, power cabinets, alarm cabling...
- You shall have a good understanding of Health and Safety at Work and First Aid; sufficient understanding regulations, policies and procedures, specifically access procedure for radio sites
- Be fluent in English in speaking and reading. Understanding of Dutch or French written and oral
work instructions is an asset
- Team Player, Analytical, Persuasive and user- friendly communicator
- Customer focused and Result-oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills
- GOF4 certified is a must to allow climbing in towers and masts.
- Elia AVIL/AVIP certified is a must
- Army clearance (Astrid) is an advantage
- Driving license cat B and has own car or van to drive to the sites within Belgium territory
- Has own Windows PC and knowledge of Microsoft – Excel – Outlook –Word and capable to work
with advanced apps on the mobile or tablet.