For one of our clients, a multinational networking and telecommunications company, we are looking for a Field Engineer.
As Field Engineer within Field Service Organization your job is to work on Radio Sites in Belgium and perform Corrective Interventions and Preventive tasks.
You will be integrated in the field team South Region wherefore the work is mainly in the South-West provinces and sporadic in other provinces in Belgium.
The Field Engineer is responsible for conducting troubleshooting of 2G, 3G, LTE (and later 5G) on a base station (BTS) and performing required action to restore the services of the site or to perform preventive tasks.
The ideal candidate worked previously in Belgium on Orange and/or Telenet networks.
You will be integrated in the field team North, Center of South Region depending on your home location.
The scope includes Aerial Interventions which require climbing/rigging activities in towers and masts.
* Receiving, handling, analysing and solving Work Orders for Radio Sites. Visiting the radio site within the required lead-time based on the Work Order assigned, execute the work as specified in the Work Order, updating the Work Order with the required information and close to Work Order accordingly. This will require quality of work and task completion with proper close out documentation for Radio Site visits.
* Executing the tasks assigned to you, troubleshooting the issues at the site, striving for the best solution, restoring the site within the shortest lead-time, clearing the incidents within the required due time and within SLA.
* Work closely with NOCs, Dispatching Teams and Service Desk, resolving the Radio Site issues in an efficient manner or, if applicable, trigger the appropriate actions with other stakeholders in order to complete the tasks.
* Depending on the readiness of the engineer, the engineer will be integrated in the On Call schedule based in a rota weekly schedule (Mon-Mon). During this week On Call, the engineer shall be ready to perform urgent interventions 24h and the engineer will be freed from work during the daytime
* Multi Technology network equipment (RAN 2G/3G/LTE ZTE and/or HUAWEI, Ericsson micro wave, IP, modems, fiber installations…). Scope will soon be extended to 5G technology.
* Be able to perform works on the aerial path which requires climbing in towers and mast.
* You shall have practical experience in installation or maintenance of radio site environment or civil related works.
* Handy person: small civil corrective and installation works on site environment: lockers, door issues, power cabinets, alarm cabling...
* You shall have a good understanding of Health and Safety at Work and First Aid; sufficient understanding of regulations, policies and procedures, specifically access procedure for radio sites
* Be fluent in English in speaking, reading and writing. Understanding of Dutch or French written and oral work instructions is an asset
* Customer focused, problem solving attitude and result-oriented.
* Team Player, Analytical, Persuasive and user- friendly communicator
* Excellent organizational skills
* GOF4 certified is a must to allow climbing in towers and masts.
* Elia AVIL/AVIP certified is a must
* Army clearance (Astrid) is an advantage. If not available, candidate shall be willing to acquire this certification as soon as being onboarded to Ericsson based on “document good conduct and morals” (certificat de bonne vie et moeurs) obtainable the city hall.
* Driving license cat B and has own van with loading space of 3000L to drive to the sites within Belgium territory
You are supposed to work in the field in Belgium.
Central office is located in Zaventem
Working Time: 40 hours per week
The Candidate must be flexible to work in an On Call schedule as needed.
Tormans invests in your future by offering appropriate training, personal guidance during the execution of your projects, advice and customized coaching.
Our projects are located at the most important (inter)national companies in various sectors, which means you will be introduced to the most modern techniques and the most diverse installations so that you can develop your knowledge and talent to the fullest.
In addition to an open-ended contract with an attractive, tailor-made salary, we offer numerous extra-legal benefits, including meal vouchers, a daily allowance, travel allowance or company car with fuel allowance, hospitalisation insurance,...
At Tormans you can count on a professional, personal and honest no-nonsense approach.