For one of our clients, a multinational networking and telecommunications company, we are looking for a Field Engineer with a focus on preventive maintenance.
As Field Engineer – Preventive Maintenance, within Field Service Organization, is your job to perform preventive maintenance on Radio Sites in Belgium and perform preventive tasks based on a predefined check list, providing the results of the preventive maintenance tasks in a reporting tool with pictures, indicating any anomalies on the site and when possible execute the repairs on the spot.
You will be integrated in the field team North, Center or South Region depending on your home location.
* Check of the general condition of the site, fence, door, key box, ladders, step stones, cable trays, anti-climb, earth pits, drainage... Look for traces of degradation, waste, rodents, insects, abnormal noise or vibrations, physical installation of equipment and external alarms
* Check condition of the power meter cabinet, note the latest counter values and add labels if needed.
* Check the power distribution cabinet, tighten thescrews of all the electrical connections, check for isolation of metal parts (Class II), loose cables, openings and check the proper working of differential, re-armor, lights …
* Check the presence and correctness of the electrical drawings correct it if necessary or add a new drawing if missing and update
* Check of the cooling system (Airco + Freecooling); clean the filters, adjust settings as needed and checking of alarms and testing alarm-reporting.
* Check the transmission cabinet or transmission equipment, testing of the alarms, perform filter cleaning and replacement if needed, perform the preventive maintenance on the Airco door unit when applicable.
* Batteries need to be checked using a Midtronics tester or tested by performing load bank tests (Midtronics tester and load banks will be provided)
* The engineer will execute small repairs when needed and if possible perform replacement of light bulbs, fire-extinguishers replacement, treatment of rust or damaged paint, isolate metal parts or loose wires, small repairs on fence or barbed wire, tightening of bolts, replacing/adding tie wraps or metal band, repairing isolation faults and all sorts of small works.
* In a period of low volume of preventive tasks or due to too high workload in the field (corrective work and incidents), the field engineer can be requested to work in the field to handle incidents and solve Corrective Work Orders for Radio Sites, which includes visiting the radio site within the required lead-time, based on the Work Order assigned, execute the work as specified in the Work Order, perform troubleshooting, restore the services by e.g. replacing HW, update the Work Order with the required information and close to Work Order accordingly.
Multi Technology network equipment (RAN 2G/3G/LTE ZTE and/or HUAWEI, Ericsson micro wave, IP, modems, fiber installations…). Scope will soon be extended to 5G technology.
- The work is performed on ground level or rooftop sites and require GOF2. Climbing in towers and masts is not required.
- You shall have practical experience in installing or maintaining of radio sites and civil related works.
- Handy person: small civil reworks on site lockers, door issues, power cabinets, alarm cabling, other cabling, fence repairs...
- You shall have a good understanding of Health and Safety at Work and First Aid; sufficient understanding of regulations, policies and procedures, specifically access procedure for radio sites
- Be fluent in English in speaking, reading and writing. Understanding of Dutch or French written and oral work instructions is an asset
- Customer focused, problem solving attitude and result-oriented.
- Team Player, Analytical, Persuasive and user- friendly communicator
- Excellent organizational skills and disciplined
- In specific cases, the technician should be able to communicate in the local language with the site owner (e.g.: water tower access)
- GOF2 certified is sufficient.
- Elia AVIL/AVIP certified is a must
- Army clearance (Astrid) is an advantage. If not available, candidate shall be willing to acquire this certification as soon as being onboarded to Ericsson based on “document good conduct and morals”obtainable the city hall.
* Location: The candidate is supposed to work in the field in Belgium. Central office is located in Zaventem
* Working Time: 40 hours per week
Tormans invests in your future by offering appropriate training, personal guidance during the execution of your projects, advice and customized coaching.
Our projects are located at the most important (inter)national companies in various sectors, which means you will be introduced to the most modern techniques and the most diverse installations so that you can develop your knowledge and talent to the fullest.
In addition to an open-ended contract with an attractive, tailor-made salary, we offer numerous extra-legal benefits, including meal vouchers, a daily allowance, travel allowance or company car with fuel allowance, hospitalisation insurance,...
At Tormans you can count on a professional, personal and honest no-nonsense approach.