Jouw talent hunter is Marielle De Bruyn
We are looking for a researcher with a strong technical background in the field of microfluidics, who has experience in microfluidic design and simulations for life sciences application. We are looking for a highly motivated and creative colleague to work on next-generation technologies for life science applications.
– Design novel microfluidic devices for life sciences applications.
– Perform simulation, modeling and analytical evaluation of device performance using tools such as COMSOL, ANSYS, Matlab or other equivalent software packages.
– Evaluate device robustness and design fault-tolerant microfluidic systems.
– Manage time effectively according to project schedules.
– Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and biologists.
– You have a PhD degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, applied physics or other equivalent discipline with strong experience in microfluidic device design for life science applications.
– This combined with +/- 3 years of experience in a similar role.
– Candidates with a Master's degree and relevant experience will also be considered.
– Industry experience is a plus.
– It is essential that you have strong reasoning skills and can analyze microfluidic systems using both analytical and numerical methods.
– You are very experienced with ANSYS, COMSOL, or other equivalent tools for numerical modeling.
– Skills in coding, e.g. using OpenFoam or other equivalent tools, is a plus.
– You are very familiar with microfluidics products and existing device solutions.
– You have experience working in a research or development environment with an interdisciplinary team.
Because we find integration within the team and close collaboration important it is not possible to work 100% remote, or to only visit the office occasionally. There is the possibility to work from home 2/3 days per week, or according team agreements.
Wat bieden wij?
Tormans invests in your future by offering appropriate training, personal guidance during the execution of your projects, advice and customized coaching.
Our projects are located at the most important (inter)national companies in various sectors, which means you will be introduced to the most modern techniques and the most diverse installations so that you can develop your knowledge and talent to the fullest.
In addition to an open-ended contract with an attractive, tailor-made salary, we offer numerous extra-legal benefits, including meal vouchers, a daily allowance, company car with fuel card, hospitalisation insurance,…
At Tormans you can count on a professional, personal and honest no-nonsense approach.
Marielle De Bruyn