Our client is looking for a new colleague who is enthusiastic and flexible and who is looking for a varied and challenging role in a dynamic project team. As PM Energy & Climate, you are responsible for the translation of the Energy & Climate vision into realistic studies and projects. Some of these projects you will manage yourself, and for others you stay on as technical expert within the project team. In addition you function as a team member within the equipment work stream.
As PM Energy & Climate you have proven experience in the field of energy engineering. Sufficient technical knowledge and analysis skills to develop technical and financial calculation models, to make strategic recommendations and to manage certain well-defined projects are also key.
This role is part of the Equipment Work Stream within the Transformation and Development Department, and reports to the Project Manager Equipment.
1. Work packages
o Develop a detailed calculation model for the energy management of a container terminal, in which both the demand side (existing electricity-powered assets, existing fuel-powered assets, demand side management,…) and the supply side (grid connection, integration of local energy production, integration of energy storage,…) are covered
o Make informed strategic recommendations on the future energy model for the terminals based on the developed calculation model
o Investigate possibilities to strengthen the future ‘energy position’ e.g. by means of other electricity sourcing strategies or the closing of long-term PPA’s
o Act in a supporting role within a research project on electrification of Straddle Carriers
o Map and asses electrification opportunities for other energy consumers, e.g. buildings or smaller rolling equipment
o Develop a feasibility study and high level business case for the application of onshore power supply for seagoing vessels at newly developed terminals
o Optional in a later stage: guide the process of implementing an Energy Management System
2. Equipment Work Stream team role:
o The Equipment work stream consist of several team members, each with responsibilities related to the PSAA equipment project portfolio, e.g. Construction Lead, Automation Lead or Maintenance Lead. The PM Energy & Climate is part of this team, and thus actively joins periodical meetings aimed at reporting, aligning efforts and sharing best practices
o Structural reporting on the projects within the Equipment Work Stream
o Continuous scanning for potential future issues and taking proactive measures where required.
Master’s degree in Energy Engineering (or equivalent through experience), with at least 5 to 10 years of experience in a technical environment.
* Demonstrated energy engineering skills and experience: smart grids, energy storage, integration of intermittent renewable energy production, functioning of the Belgian electricity market, demand side management,…
* Experience in logistics, operations, container ports or a similar industry is an advantage
* A strong affinity for energy technology, with the necessary background and skills to act in a leading role for the assigned subprojects
* Able to articulate complex information to a mixed audience (technical, operational, MD level)
* Excellent team player, interested to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging activities to contribute to a rapid-growing organization.
* Willingness to get involved in all areas and to innovate new ways of working
* Organized and structured in approach, good analytical skills and ability to visualize creative ideas
* Strong communicator, dynamic and self-motivated
* Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English
Tormans invests in your future by offering appropriate training, personal guidance during the execution of your projects, advice and customized coaching.
Our projects are located at the most important (inter)national companies in various sectors, which means you will be introduced to the most modern techniques and the most diverse installations so that you can develop your knowledge and talent to the fullest.
In addition to an open-ended contract with an attractive, tailor-made salary, we offer numerous extra-legal benefits, including meal vouchers, a daily allowance, travel allowance or company car with fuel allowance, hospitalisation insurance,...
At Tormans you can count on a professional, personal and honest no-nonsense approach.