Study the Project Health & Safety Plan
• Review the Contractors Health & Safety Plans and integrate in the Project
Health & Safety Plan
• Study and complete the project safety risk assessment
• Update Safety Plan when required, in cooperation with the Health & Safety
• Organise and manage the project safety team
• Participate the daily coordination SIMOPS meeting with construction team
• Guide construction team for implementation of the health & safety plan
• Review design and works method statements, including risk analysis
• Perform regular health & safety inspections on site
• Organise weekly health & safety walks with contractor safety and
• Organise health & safety trainings and actions to improve safety awareness
• Organise the work permit system to apply in Project area
• Coordinate with Terminal HSE department for work permits inside of Terminal
• Follow-up mitigation of safety risks and corrective actions for unsafe situations
• Report to Safety Coordinator and Project Management
Bachelor or Master in a technical discipline
• Minimal required certification for safety expert level 2 or equivalent (e.g.
“certificate NEBOSH”, MVK). Certification for safety expert level 1 is a plus
• Knowledge of the Belgian legislation with regard to safety, Health and
Environment, as the Law for wellbeing dated August 4th 1996, ARAB, AREI and
• Knowledge of information computer systems (MS Office)
• Skilled in implementing an HSE management system on an international
oriented construction site
• Capable to work in a structured and organized way
• First Aid training
• Min. of 5 year experience of HSE management of construction works,
preferable in Oil & Gas
• English and Dutch, knowledge of Spanish is a plus
• Flexibility and availability to work according construction site time schedule,
including possible works during weekends or in shifts
• Experience to communicate with contractors supervisors and workers on a
construction site, to find in a constructive way the possibilities for safe work
execution in respect of agreed work methods
Tormans invests in your future by offering appropriate training, personal guidance during the execution of your projects, advice and customized coaching.
Our projects are located at the most important (inter)national companies in various sectors, which means you will be introduced to the most modern techniques and the most diverse installations so that you can develop your knowledge and talent to the fullest.
In addition to an open-ended contract with an attractive, tailor-made salary, we offer numerous extra-legal benefits, including meal vouchers, a daily allowance, company car, hospitalisation insurance,...
At Tormans you can count on a professional, personal and honest no-nonsense approach.