For one of our clients, a multinational networking and telecommunications company, we are looking for a senior technical support engineer.
As Senior Technical Support Engineer within Field Service Organization you are key contributor to support and guide the maintenance teams in the field.
It includes guiding field engineers by phone and remote assistance and helping them to perform troubleshooting activities.
The task includes the verification and assistance of works performed by field engineers and subcontractors in the field.
It also includes analyzing recurrent or complex cases to propose solution to the customer and other stakeholders and includes providing recommendations to the field and describing guidelines and work instructions. The activities are mainly performed from the central office in Zaventem and sporadic outside the office to visit radio sites to solve complex issues at the site.
This relates to the radio sites on the mobile network in the scope of the Managed Services contracts in Belgium.
* Supporting the field engineer and guiding the troubleshooting for field engineers requesting technical support, strive for the best solution and strive for the quickest and best solution and cost-effective solution to restore the services of the site or solve the fault temporary or permanently.
* Supporting the field engineer for technical questions and support of HW delivery from warehouse or vendors (Quick Delivery).
* Support the subcontractors with technical matters working for Ericsson on Aerial and other sites interventions and manage the out-tasked workstreams, validate the works performed and handle the necessary admin tasks.
* Writing procedures, guidelines and work instructions for implementation of new hardware equipment or software at the radio site, and support the deployment of these equipment on the existing sites. Train and guide the Field Engineers accordingly on this process.
* Able to support or solve issues escalated internally, NOC’s, by customer, subcontractors or identified during field visit.
* Work together with Service Desk, field team leaders, NOCs and other stakeholders in order to resolve the technical problems.
* Prepare, follow-up, carry out and control the operations done on the network by technician or subcontractor to solve issues, configuration's modifications, and implementation of new functionalities or integration of new equipment, coordination and participation to the planned operations (can be after working hours).
* Keep the database updated following the result of operations
* Transfer knowledge by training, coaching, guiding, explaining, documenting and handing over relevant knowledge to colleagues.
* Report the progress on daily basis the team leader and escalate timely issues when applicable
* You shall have practical experience in field operations, installation and maintenance of radio site environment and microwave networks.
* Experienced in site environment equipment and good knowledge of site power equipment and power regulations.
* You shall have a good understanding of Health and Safety at Work and First Aid; sufficient understanding of regulations, policies and procedures, specifically access procedure for radio sites
* Language EN is a must, NL/FR is an advantage
* Team Player, Analytical, Persuasive and user- friendly communicator
* Customer focused and Result-oriented.
* Excellent organizational skills
* Capable to work effectively with Windows PC and superior knowledge of Microsoft – Excel – Outlook – Access – Word and capable to work with advanced apps on the mobile or tablet.
* Knowledge of software scripting languages is an asset.
* Candidate shall possess a driving license cat B and has own car to drive to the sites within Belgium territory. The work is usually performed from the Zaventem office, but sporadic site visits are required.
* Candidate shall have own PC preferably Windows based, with own licenses for Windows and Microsoft Office applications, which is up-to-date to the latest standard with standard browser capabilities, WIFI connectivity, own virus protection software, etc.
* Candidate shall have own mobile phone (Android based) and own voice and data subscription. Mobile phone shall be capable to take clear pictures to be used for uploading in the databases.
Tormans invests in your future by offering appropriate training, personal guidance during the execution of your projects, advice and customized coaching.
Our projects are located at the most important (inter)national companies in various sectors, which means you will be introduced to the most modern techniques and the most diverse installations so that you can develop your knowledge and talent to the fullest.
In addition to an open-ended contract with an attractive, tailor-made salary, we offer numerous extra-legal benefits, including meal vouchers, a daily allowance, travel allowance or company car with fuel allowance, hospitalisation insurance,...
At Tormans you can count on a professional, personal and honest no-nonsense approach.